Citycon aims to increase its profitability and share valuation through active asset management, renewal and strengthening of its property portfolio and efficient financing. Our goal is to create strong and predictable cash flows with a focused business model and a conservative balance sheet.
Over the past years, Citycon has continued the transformation of its property portfolio by entering the Norwegian shopping centre market and carrying out many larger (re)development projects while, at the same time, divesting smaller, non-urban retail properties.
Citycon’s success relies on a diversified pan-Nordic portfolio of everyday shopping centres in urban locations and a proactive asset management style with a true understanding of the market and changing consumer behaviour.
Our strong balance sheet and efforts to recycle capital enable us to take on (re)developments and selective acquisitions when we see potential for value growth, financing part of it with further non-core disposals.
Acting responsibly is an integral part of Citycon’s strategy. Good governance, top-class environmental performance, target-oriented leadership, good working environment, and community involvement are vital elements in Citycon’s way of working.
Citycon’s current dividend distribution policy is to pay out more than 50% of the result for the period excluding fair value changes on property.
Our investment case:
- Pan-Nordic scale and diversification brings stability
- Citycon’s leading position in the Nordic market and strong brand name attract tenants
- Unique insight and understanding of the market and consumer trends
Megatrends strenghten Citycon’s shopping centres
- Strong urbanisation trend further supports densely populated cities and locations
- Demand for social interaction and community involvement
Stable returns and solid financial position
- Grocery-anchored, necessity-based tenant mix
- CPI-linked lease agreements
- Conservative balance sheet
- Strong dividend payer