Citycon to Open Completely Redeveloped and Extended Åkersberga Centrum in Sweden

Press releases - 15 April 2011


 Today, on 15 April, Citycon opens the entire Åkersberga Centrum shopping centre, located in Stockholm Metropolitan Area, after major extension and redevelopment. The extension part with twenty stores already opened last October and now opens the fully renovated original part.

 

 New stores to open in the shopping centre include H&M, MQ, Esprit, Hemtex, Kjell & Co and Ur & Penn. Wänlunds Fritidsvaruhus, which specialises in boating and leisure equipment, opened already earlier in the winter.

 

 The largest tenant in the extension part opened last autumn is the grocery store ICA Kvantum. Åkersberga Centrum also houses a library, which moved to modern premises in the new section of the shopping centre last autumn.

 

 “We are now completing the second phase in the development and modernisation of Åkersberga Centrum. Seven all-new stores, especially wished by our customers, will open their doors. They will reinforce our offerings in fashion, home electronics and décor in particular,” says Ulf Attebrant, Vice President of Citycon’s Swedish Operations.

 

 Åkersberga Centrum now hosts some 70 stores, service providers and restaurants. The centre’s leasable area totals 27,500 square metres. The total redevelopment investment was around SEK 467 million (approx. EUR 52.3 million). Citycon owns 75 per cent of the centre, with Armada Fastigheter AB holding the other 25 per cent. The two shareholders split the costs of the redevelopment project in proportion to their ownership.



  



 Further information:

 

 Citycon Oyj, Vice President, Swedish Operations, telephone +46 70 341 5317



  



 Citycon, an active owner and long-term developer of shopping centres, creates the framework for successful retail. Its retail properties serve both consumers and retailers. The company pays special attention to environmental factors and well-being in the areas surrounding its retail properties. Citycon is the market leader in the Finnish shopping centre business, with a strong position in Sweden and a firm foothold in the Baltic countries. The company owns or manages 34 shopping centres and 46 other retail properties.